RN Unit Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises and coordinates nursing activities in a Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Assigns duties and coordinates nursing services for his/her shift.
- Evaluates nursing activities to ensure optimal resident care, staff relations and efficiency of service.
- Ensures adequate staffing in nursing units to provide proper care.
- Acts as a representative of the Nursing Department to handle any and all concerns during shift
- Participates in assessments of resident condition and makes decisions for further follow up by MD.
- Addresses resident and family concerns and resolves problems following the facility policies.
- Acts as role model for customer service during her/his shift.
Qualifications and Skills
- Current NYS RN license with experience of one or two years in long term care or the acute care setting. Acute Med-Surg experience preferred.
- Able to work with, Microsoft Office and Matrix (EHR)
- Ability to apply nursing standards of practice.
- Superior assessment skills preferred.